The City Library Under Orange
05 May 2022 Update:
Kia ora koutou. Hi everyone,
Here are a few important things to remember when visiting any City Library location (Central, Ashhurst, Awapuni, Roslyn, Te Pātikitiki, Youth Space, and Blueprint) under Orange.
- Stay at home if you are unwell.
- Wear a mask at all times while in the library.
- Be considerate of others and their space.
- The Central Library is open.
- Ashhurst, Awapuni, Roslyn, and Te Pātikitiki are open with normal hours.
- Youth Space is open with modified hours.
- Blueprint: The City Library Makerspace is open; some equipment requires booking.
- The Mobile Library is running.
- All return bins are open.
- All onsite programmes and regular activities are currently being reviewed against revised traffic light requirements as we look to resuming these as resourcing allows.
- We will keep you updated with rescheduled programmes and activities once this work has been completed.
- Contactless Click & Collect is available at all locations.
- There are no overdue or hold fees and no DVD/CD charges.
- All library meeting rooms are closed.
- We will continue to have QR codes at the entrances of all locations for those who wish to contact trace.
We appreciate your patience and understanding while we are hard at work bringing you the City Library initiatives you value.
Always available 24/7:
- The City Library’s Digital Library is always open—and we are continuously working to enhance our digital offerings. Check out e-books, e-audiobooks, downloadable magazines, movies and online learning.
- Children’s Digital Library is a curated list of digital adventures, virtual storytimes, learn to draw with beloved Children’s illustrators, experiments, and more.
- Contribute your COVID-19 stories and explore your local history with Manawatū Heritage.
- Don’t have a Palmerston North City Library membership? We’d love for you to join. You can get instant access to our digital collection with a digital library membership through the Online Membership.
Public Health Information:
It is important to get information from reliable and authoritative sources: